"Demystifying Fertility Acronyms: A Beginner's Guide to TTC and Infertility Terminology"
This post is for the influx of new people in my office who are brand new to fertility. You may be starting to notice that the fertility world comes with its own unique language and terminology. Let's break down some of the most common acronyms and terms related to fertility, shall we?
- TTC - Trying to Conceive
- OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
- BBT - Basal Body Temperature
- LH - Luteinizing Hormone
- HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
- DPO - Days Past Ovulation
- AF - Aunt Flo (menstruation)
- EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus
- IUI - Intrauterine Insemination
- IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
- FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- LH Surge - Luteinizing Hormone Surge
- HCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
- HSG - Hysterosalpingogram
- FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer
- PGS - Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- PGD - Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
- OBGYN - Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- SA - Semen Analysis
I hope this helps! Have I missed any?
Thank you for reading.